Hi from Eugene, Oregon!

Hey, Gemini. Glad you finally joined. Please give us a little bio regarding your playing history and show some pics of your awesome guitars. Welcome!
Well, the trouble is, I might be selling some of them, including my Eastman six and 12 string. Maybe even my Taylor....

Well, the trouble is, I might be selling some of them, including my Eastman six and 12 string. Maybe even my Taylor....
Hi Scott... I have been thinking about buying an Eastman E40D, which looks very much like a Martin D42. It sounds really good on all the videos I've watched, and they get glowing reviews, but that's all I have to go on, and I would need to sell somethings to get it. Martins are totally out of reach. I drove out to Vida to see a Martin HD35 yesterday.

I have read a lot of good about Eastman acoustics on other forums. Seems like a fine affordable choice.

I'm one of the resident Martin fanatics. Live <80 minutes from the factory, have been there four times.

View attachment 1408

Wow, I would love to live near the Martin factory! Yes, I agree about Eastmans. I have owned a Martin D41 and an HD28 12 string. In my oh so humble opinion, nothing compares to a Martin, and once you have one, it's hard to be happy with anything else. In my experience, Eastman guitars, being more affordable for me, make not having a Martin a little more bearable.... But I must say, Martins can have their anomalies... and mine were so sensitive to humidity changes. Now that I'm thinking about it, another great guitar I've had and regretted letting go was a Guild. I found it used at a music store. It was apparently a rarity and I was so oblivious, and traded it in for something I can't even remember. It was a beautiful guitar, and it was a canon. It was a dreadnought with a cedar top. Then, years later I had a D55, and an F412 12 string that could shatter windows with one strum. The trouble with those at the time was they both had neck problems. I think the newer ones are better made now.

Last edited:
Eugene huh...?
never heard of it.
("knowledge is good")

hi. welcome. pleased to make your acquaintance. can I borrow $50?

I played an Eastman archtop once. Didn't gel with the scale length/neck width. Just a quarter inch difference between theirs and Gibson but the affect was surprisingly difficult to get around (my experience is with Gibson archtops).

That said, they appeared to be a very nicely put together instrument and I'm sure that had I stumbled onto one 25 or 30 years ago I'd have been willing to adjust.

Last edited:
Back