What would you like to see added on GT?

Alex

Administrator
Reaction score
What other features, additions, or changes would you like to see on GT? For example:

- New emoticons?
- A dedicated media gallery?
- Better UI/UX (user experience, such as font, color, etc)?

Let me know if you have something in mind.

Thanks!

Will content be exclusively guitar-centric gear, or will there also be room to discuss other gear (drums, keys, microphones, etc)?
Good question. If the objective is to create the broadest cross section of membership possible having individual forums for other instruments would be a good idea. Conversely those instruments tend to have their own forums elsewhere. As it stands we may want to have just one forum for everything that's not guitar or bass related until such time as there's enough interest to have separate forums for drums, keys, etc.

I'd like to see a Strings section, where I can do reviews and make the thread sticky, but still allow real users to reply and discuss their experiences with the same set of strings. Perhaps @PeteR can do some reviews on what's commonly available in Europe.

I can also review Classical Strings for our Nylon Newcomers as I used to sell them and have personal experience with about 70 different sets and most manufacturers, even the European makers like Hense, Pyramid, and Aquila, Savarez and others.

@rockandroll @soulman I'm open to dicussions on other gear that's not related to guitars.

I can create a new section for it. What would you guys like the new forum to be called?

Thanks for bringing that up.
Hmmm, honestly, I'm not picky... Maybe just "Other Gear"? I assume that if it becomes popular, it would evolve a bit anyway, but starting with as wide a net as possible is likely fine.

Also, how about a forum for issues pertaining to folks that are new to the hobby of guitar playing?

Hmmm, honestly, I'm not picky... Maybe just "Other Gear"? I assume that if it becomes popular, it would evolve a bit anyway, but starting with as wide a net as possible is likely fine.
Maybe Strings and accessories or Strings n Things.

Back