What would you like to see added on GT?

The chevron's to switch between pages on a multi page thread at the top of each thread, instead of just at the end of each page.

Oops, I just realised that it takes rotating my phone to landscape to make them show up at the top of the page also. Which isn't a natural thing for me to do, so I had missed it previously. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
eyes_015.gifeyes_015.gif

the ability to attach images to PMs
Members can now attach images to PMs. Thanks.
Oh...
A "forum problems" page or forum.
At the moment, my login fails in Firefox and Opera but works fine with Brave...
I've added a section for help and support. Members can not post forum-related issues there and get help from the community. Thanks.
A +Quote button is needed next to Reply.

View attachment 635
I've enalbed the multi-quote feature. Thanks for that.

Members can now attach images to PMs. Thanks.

I've added a section for help and support. Members can not post forum-related issues there and get help from the community. Thanks.

I've enalbed the multi-quote feature. Thanks for that.
Danke01S.gif

There are two things that I would like to see added to this forum.

(1) The ability to edit my messages not only within a limited span of time, such as 24 hours, but longer, perhaps for always.

(2) The ability to delete my own messages at any time.

(1) The ability to edit my messages not only within a limited span of time, such as 24 hours, but longer, perhaps for always.

I don't know of any forum that permits that.

Mine does, and then a few others I visit.
Send a private message to Alex and see what he says. I think the 24 hour edit thing is just in the software. I don’t think any of his other sites will let you delete a post. If you make a post you can, within the 24 hours, remove the type and write something like redacted. If I come across something like that I can delete it. Or just write in the space Mods please delete or contact one of us.

It's just a matter of the options of the form software by means of an administrator setting permissions for user groups. Just a matter of a few clicks for an administrator, knowing this from running my own forum.

You may argue about the ownership of the forum's content, but in my opinion, a user should be able to do whatever he or she wants to do with his messages, and whenever he or she wants to do it. Things are different with a thread a user has started and where people have responded to. If you you can also delete your own threads, you would take other people's messages with you, which is where interests collide. But you should be able to rename your own thread's title when you see this fit.

We'll consider adding a no time limit to edit threads in the near future. Thanks.

I know it's a "pipe dream " but the ability to moderate our own threads . Nothing like a "NGD " or "etc " thread that turns into 2 or 3 members high school reunion and the thread gets "hijacked " and goes in a complete different direction .

I wonder if we could have an “In Memorium” section. It would be great to honor our friends from the sister sites that passed. I have one in particular that I would like to write about, and I have permission from his immediate family to do so.

Back