What have you purchased guitar-related in the last 48 hours?

Gibson Les Paul Studio, "new" model, in Cherry Sunburst. "New", because according to the serial number, run against two different serial number decoders, it has been manufactured in June 2021. Ordered online with a 30 day money back guarantee, and just out of curiosity whether it is worth compared to my Epiphone Les Paul in terms of playability et cetera. It didn't take me all of an hour to decide it isn't worth and re-box it.

Which Epi do you have?

This one:

https://www.epiphone.com/en-US/p/Electric-Guitar/EPIEMA551/Heritage-Cherry-Sunburst

The colour of the finish is actually a lot more beautiful than in the pictures. I have replaced the pickups for Epiphone ProBuckers, original ones ordered from Epiphone, which are more to my liking than the Alnico Classic Pro that it came with.

I can see why you might choose the Epi over the low end Gibson. Especially if it plays as good as it looks. đź‘Ť I want a Heritage Cherry Sunburst guitar big time. A Factory Burst? came up for sale the other day but I got outbid on it.

The guy ended up getting it for around $450 with 3 scratches on the edge of it. It was NICE. At that price, those scratches theoretically disappear lol

Thanks, but bear in mind that even though the Les Paul Studio may be considered as being on the "low and", the Gibson and the Epiphone are still $1200 apart from each other. And if the difference essentially boils down to having a headstock reading "Gibson" on the front side and "Made in USA" on the rear side, I guess I'll find better ways of spending such amounts of money.

Back