Welcome to our Gear Talk community!

They never used a bass player while performing live in concert.
In the Morrison Era I agree but somewhere I read they did at times later on. If I can find where I read that I'll post it but safe to say it was not typical of The Doors many of us would recognize. In the studio though and over time they used many different bassists.

I'm Robb, a retired cop. I've played in multiple bands from 1969 (aged 9) up to 1997
When I stopped playing professional, raised my family with my music and acquired many guitars and amps even owned a music store/museum for 13 years, still own 95 guitars and 30 something amps. Life is good !
Hey Robb, my son is going to be an Oklahoma cop, city of Enid. He is supposed to go to the police academy in November. He just got out of the Army this month.

He is coming to Oregon for a visit to his old man in a couple of weeks. I was going to send him home with a half dozen new guitars, but I can't now as he would have to store them in a garage for the next year.

Introduce yourself here and tell us a bit about yourself and your gear! :)

You can read about me in my short bio page here: https://www.geartalk.com/about-us/

While we value every member and want you to be here, we ask that you don't:

- Resort to personal attacks
- Bash other members, musicians or vendors
- Spam (we have a classifieds section if you want to sell personal gear)
- Create multiple accounts
- Discuss religion or politics
Can we resort to impersonal attacks?

Back