Hi to all from Ukraine!

I don’t think one would notice the difference bein that they are all laminate. Also one thing that I did notice about the Cort is that it has a scarf joint on the neck, and I didn’t notice one on the Yamaha.

Where the joint is on the Cort, the neck should be less likely to break off near the headstock if the guitar gets knocked over. And if it does break there, it’s an easier repair.

Get the one with the truss rod if you can.
Hey Scott, there's an offer for a used Yamaha FG800M guitar with a solid spruce top for $170. My friend in Australia has one and says it's a good instrument. He thinks it's smart to bargain for it and grab it, even though I'm actually after a classical guitar. What do you think?

Welcome Vlad! I'm glad you made it here. I was looking at the Cort AC100 that you were looking at, and vs the Yamaha, I think that would be a fine 1st classical guitar for you. Probably better than the Yamaha if the Cort has a truss rod.

Let us know when you get one, and also check out what strings are available to you locally in medium tension. Don't buy strings from Amazon, eBay, or Ali Express as you will likely be getting low quality counterfeits from them. Especially if you order from Ali Express or eBay. Amazon is kind of a Turkey Shoot.

If you have to buy them from Amazon, make sure that they are being sold by Amazon, and not some third party seller.

There are some things that you will want to have when you get your new guitar.

1. A clip on headstock tuner and an extra battery for it
2. A set or two of extra strings in medium tension
3. A small bottle of fretboard oil for guitars or a small bottle of bore oil for woodwind instruments
4. A ruler that is 12 inches long or a straight edge of similar length
5. A 6 inch ruler that measures in millimeters
6. A peg winder
7. A small Phillips screwdriver.

If you are able to get international mail from the United States, I can send you most of what was listed above. I can't sent batteries or liquids or the ruler due to size. If you can get international mail I can send you the other stuff. Just send me your name and address in a private message.

Scott

Weird. I've never had an issue with strings at Amazon and I buy 99% of mine there. But I don't buy from whoever has the lowest price. I buy from legit stores that have brick & mortar stores or can be traced online and are proven to be actual, real stores and not just some individual buying 1000 packs on AliExpress and reselling them. I definitely do my "due diligence" lol.

You can usually find those by their sales. Their D'addario strings are on sale when D'addario has them on sale at their own website, for example. Same prices, too. 3 for $13.99 or whaterlver it is. I usually just wait on those to pop up and buy a few packs then. And like I said, I'm not looking for the cheapest option, which is likely how people get burned. In 4.5+ years, I haven't been burned by fake strings a single time.

Edit: well, I'm also not buying acoustic strings so I can't really comment on those specifically but it can't be much different. Can it?

Last edited:
The caveat when buying through Amazon is to check on who the seller is since many less than reputable sources market via Amazon. If it's bought and shipped by Amazon or a known source it's the real thing. If sold and shipped by a 3rd party it may not be.

There's also a used Admira Monica for $150 with a solid cedar top. The seller says it's in good condition

"Hello. I’m selling my guitar.
The guitar is in excellent functional and visual condition, with no noticeable cosmetic flaws. It’s been stored at home and hasn't traveled much. It comes with a simple case.

• Regular metal footrest and a string winder included.
This is a great option as a beginner instrument and a decent budget choice for learning, for instance, in a music college.
The top is made from solid cedar, while the rest of the body is laminated, like most factory-made guitars in this price range. The neck is mahogany, and the fingerboard is rosewood.
The guitar was made in Spain, back before all factory-made Admiras started being produced in China. The absence of fret markers (white dots) on the neck confirms this—it’s a peculiar feature of Spanish guitars, whereas all Chinese-made models already have these markers.
The instrument is well broken-in, tested, and "dried out"; the body resonates quite well throughout, offering a pleasant deep bass, with fairly consistent volume across the range. However, the higher notes, of course, slightly lose out in sustain compared to the lower ones. Overall, it's a solid mid-range instrument.The string height has been adjusted—about 3mm above the 12th fret—making it comfortable and easy to play.
Currently, relatively new D'addario Classic normal tension strings are installed and won’t need replacing for a while.
"

Last edited:
Back