Came over from Gretsch Talk today......

Chloedogsdad

Reaction score
Greetings! I came over from GT today, and this seems like a good spot on the ol interwebs as well. I'm Chloe Dog's Dad, AKA Mike. Been a musician for over 30 years, local pro, now mostly hobbyist. Been in the guitar repair biz for nearly as long. Glad to find another group of enthusiasts to commune with!
-Chloe Dog is a black lab/ pitt mix, around 5 y.o. she was a rescue, and is the sweetest goofiest thing in the world.

Welcome. I love rescue dogs. When I go for a new pup, I don't give any regard to breed. My last three dogs were rescues. A Border Collie, a Pekingese, and now my Pitt Bull/Black Lab mix, Abby.

When we went to the rescue shelter, my dog came up and licked my hand through the fence. When we took her to the introduction room, she instantly bonded with my wife.

She started off as Momma's girl, but quickly became Daddy's girl. She can also sense when my blood sugar is low, I'm a diabetic, and she will wake me up so I can eat before I get into trouble.

She is such a loving dog. We are blessed to have her as part of our family. If I leave, even for ten minutes to go up to the store, she crys by the door, until I return. We don't leave her home alone ever, and I take her with me when I leave whenever I can.

Welcome. I love rescue dogs. When I go for a new pup, I don't give any regard to breed. My last three dogs were rescues. A Border Collie, a Pekingese, and now my Pitt Bull/Black Lab mix, Abby.

When we went to the rescue shelter, my dog came up and licked my hand through the fence. When we took her to the introduction room, she instantly bonded with my wife.

She started off as Momma's girl, but quickly became Daddy's girl. She can also sense when my blood sugar is low, I'm a diabetic, and she will wake me up so I can eat before I get into trouble.

She is such a loving dog. We are blessed to have her as part of our family. If I leave, even for ten minutes to go up to the store, she crys by the door, until I return. We don't leave her home alone ever, and I take her with me when I leave whenever I can.
I will never buy a dog from a breeder, only rescues. Chloe is a rescued rescue, this "woman" that my wife worked with had bought her from SICSA (local rescue organization), but she didn't know how to take care of a dog with pitt energy, and subsequently would leave her locked in a crate or outside on a tether. Left her outside on memorial day when several tornados ripped though Dayton a few years back. She kept bitching about her to my wife, and Kari offered several times to take her, and this "woman" finally agreed.
Chloe took to me immediately, it was probably the trip to mcdonalds for fries on her first day with us that did it, but she's been my constant companion. Poor girl is scared of everything, including her own farts, but especially of thunder wind and rain.
She's got a good job now, works from home with Chloedogsmom, loves to listen to Dr. Hook, Little River Band and the like, puts up with our cranky 18 year old Pekingese, and loves to play with her sister Ruby- a Black beagle/pitt mix. We refer to them as our "velvet hippos", and they play fight like a couple hippos with their mouths open charging and snapping.

Back