Bonjourno (Hello)

GrandmaShreds

Reaction score
I just wanted to say hello and it's nice to be here. I've been into music my whole life and started out playing bass in high school and about 3 years ago I started playing electric guitar and acoustic. So far I've really been enjoying the transition and vow to continue my journey with music. I play anything from bluegrass to thrash metal, it all depends on my mood for the day! I sing a bit as well (country and bluegrass for now), and learning to play and sing at the same time has been a challenge but super rewarding. The hardest things in life are worth the effort. Here's what my stable consists of (minus my two amps, which are a Boss Katana MK2 and a small Fender rumble bass amp)
RK guitar small.jpgkelly small.jpg
j bass small.jpgepi sg small.jpg
epi lp small.jpg

I also see you have both of the major Gibson styles covered as well. I am currently down to one LP, my Epiphone Greeny. But I still have one Epi and two Gibson SG’s.

Epi’s are really underrated guitars.

I also see you have both of the major Gibson styles covered as well. I am currently down to one LP, my Epiphone Greeny. But I still have one Epi and two Gibson SG’s.

Epi’s are really underrated guitars.
It's a toss up between the SG and the LP for my favorite model. I think the SG takes the cake lol. When I get my first Gibson one day, I'm going to get an SG first, the 61' Standard. My LP is a great guitar, but my only issue was the fretwork. I've had to spot level a few of them. Other than that it's a great sounding and playing Axe!

It's a toss up between the SG and the LP for my favorite model. I think the SG takes the cake lol. When I get my first Gibson one day, I'm going to get an SG first, the 61' Standard. My LP is a great guitar, but my only issue was the fretwork. I've had to spot level a few of them. Other than that it's a great sounding and playing Axe!
You should play a Standard and a 61 side by side. They really are totally different. I find that the Standard feels less shifted to the left and also the neck is thicker. The tuning machines and pickups are different, as well as the neck joint.

But hey, if you can’t decide, you can always get one of each!

You should play a Standard and a 61 side by side. They really are totally different. I find that the Standard feels less shifted to the left and also the neck is thicker. The tuning machines and pickups are different, as well as the neck joint.

But hey, if you can’t decide, you can always get one of each!
When the time comes I'll try both! I just really like the look of the smaller pickguard vs the full batwing pickguard.

You joined before I did so I can hardly give you a "welcome" but I did want to comment on that Kelly. Really nice looking guitar!

Back