Baptismal Post

soulman

Reaction score
There were no posts here yet so I figured I'd start the ball rolling.

When you've played as long as I have there have been favored bands and artists from nearly every decade but if I had to choose the one who has bridged nearly all of them in would be Van Morrison. At one time I had every album/CD he'd produced up to that point an if I recall there were about 30 of them. There have been more since. The guy is timeless. So many of his earlier works have been mainstream in my playlists and performances for a very long time.

Another favorite song writer/performer of mine is Lyle Lovett. I actually had the pleasure of meeting him one time very early in his career when he played a gig in Boulder and a good friend of mine was running sound for the show. Very friendly and down to earth guy. Years later I got to a couple of his shows including one here in the mountains at Snowmass where he did a 2 1/2 to 3 hour show with Sam Bush and part of it with his "Large Band". Incredible experience.

We were finger-picking Folk songs in Boston, c 1967.
Paul Butterfield came to town.
Thus endeth our great Folk Scare period.
Butterfield had us! And me ever after.

When I was in grade school, our teacher would let us listen to records during class. He brought some records and so did students. That was 6th grade.

He played a Paul Butterfield Blues Band album. That was the first time I'd heard them. He played a lot of music that for me was the first time hearing those records.

Funny thing, but he was a patient of mine at the local hospital when he had his first hip replacement. Then he came back a year or two later for his other hip, got a pulmonary embolism, and died.

We were finger-picking Folk songs in Boston, c 1967.
Paul Butterfield came to town.
Thus endeth our great Folk Scare period.
Butterfield had us! And me ever after.
"Born in Chicago"......and I was too.

Paul Butterfields band was one of my influences as far as turning away from pop rock and heading more toward blues and r&b.

When I was in grade school, our teacher would let us listen to records during class. He brought some records and so did students. That was 6th grade.

He played a Paul Butterfield Blues Band album. That was the first time I'd heard them. He played a lot of music that for me was the first time hearing those records.

Funny thing, but he was a patient of mine at the local hospital when he had his first hip replacement. Then he came back a year or two later for his other hip, got a pulmonary embolism, and died.
If you're gonna kill your patients like that Scott you're not gonna get me on no operating table. 😉 LOLOL

Back