All Things Funny...

SlideAway.gif

1wrSREV.gif

This may or may not be the proper place for this but what I'm interested in is just how many people get the joke. You'd probably need to be close to my age.

1725732422105.jpeg

What joke? Late Boomer here.

Give it a little longer to see if anyone else gets it. It's more of a riddle than a joke but the key to it is who is the character mentioned John Beresford Tipton and where do we know him from. Here's a hint. It came from a B/W TV series in the '50s.

The name came from a 50s B/W TV series called "The Millionaire". John Beresford Tipton was the generous donor of million dollar check to some deserving individual each show. The plot was always about the impact receiving the money would do. It always began with Tipton giving the cashiers check to his executive secretary Michael Anthony to be delivered to that weeks recipient.

So that was the joke behind what Mr Boffo was asking his wife as she collected the mail. The show was somewhat like a fictional dramatization of the Readers Digest giveaways. Chalk this up to all of the mostly useless trivia that's been stored in my brain. I also remember Lloyd Bridges as Mike Nelson in Sea Hunt long before he was a glue sniffer in the movie Airplane.....LOL.

1725781284935.jpeg

Back