Your 'Weapons of Choice' for today....[pics preferred]

20240906_195930_copy_980x2016.jpg

Same as most days. The Sunburst Indio 66 DLX Plus.

New bone nut a couple of weeks ago.

It's got CTS 500k volume pots and 500k no load tone pots.

A Seymour Duncan Antiquity neck pickup and Seth Lover bridge pickup.

Faber reliced tailpiece and locking studs. Gotoh reliced ABR1 with Faber studs.

Gotoh vintage-type tuners.

Schaller s-locks

Perri's Soft Italian Leather strap in Chestnut

It weighs right at 10 lbs and it's called Skydog.

I have a Goldtop from them, also. Most of the same mods except a Seth Lover neck & 59 bridge pickup. That one is called 'The Banshee' because it F-ING SCREAMS! 🤣😁 It's fundamentally a different guitar. You can see that even the 2 Goldtop below are different. I prefer the top carve of the humbucker guitar. By quite a large margin. Skydog has a top carve like the P90 Goldtop.

Both guitars(center & right)

20230526_121029_copy_2016x980.jpg

Not sure if they changed up how they're manufactured or what but it's pretty different from the sunburst 66. They're both incredible guitars but The Banshee is definitely the better of the two. I just prefer Skydog. The Banshee weighs a little over 7 lbs, IIRC. So it's also quite a bit lighter than Skydog. And it's LOUD when played acoustically.

Still, I prefer Skydog, the 10 lb'er lol. Much of that is likely because I always sit down and play. So weight isn't anything I'm ever concerned about.

I like to play single pickup guitars with very few knobs, just plug in and blast away. But, I have a thing in a month that will be asking for several different tones/voices out of my guitar. I don't want to change guitars, so I need to use something that can cover a lot of ground. Therefore, I am playing this modest Ibanez at this time: 1725685523399.png

I like to play single pickup guitars with very few knobs, just plug in and blast away. But, I have a thing in a month that will be asking for several different tones/voices out of my guitar. I don't want to change guitars, so I need to use something that can cover a lot of ground. Therefore, I am playing this modest Ibanez at this time: View attachment 868
I almost bought a white one of these a while ago. They look like great guitars!

Had some fun with my 'Tele' shaped guitars

5nm7TyA.jpg

Back