Wraparound

Status
Not open for further replies.
The word wraparound applies to ... a wraparound bridge.
The words top wrapped applies to ... a tail piece with its strings wrapped on top.
Not semantics ... guitar lingo.

So he's right on that, but maybe inexperienced in the way forum threads most always eventually show an amount of derailing :)
All he said was:
wraparound tailpiece
There is no clear cut inference to a bridge.

Want specifics then simply say wraparound bridge and don't accuse people of derailing a thread who are simply trying to be helpful.

All he had to say was "oops I meant bridge".

All he said was:

Want specifics then simply say wraparound bridge and don't accuse people of derailing a thread who are simply trying to be helpful.

To be fair, the first wraparound bridges on Gibson were in fact simple tail pieces.

All he said was:

Dramatic. Two different terms that are used for two different things. I used an appropriate term, some apparently are not familiar with those terms but that did not stop them from posting.

Dramatic. Two different terms that are used for two different things. I used an appropriate term, some apparently are not familiar with those terms but that did not stop them from posting.
No you used the wrong term.

You said: wraparound tailpiece

This is a wraparound tailpiece:

No you used the wrong term.

You said: wraparound tailpiece

This is a wraparound tailpiece:

And this is a tail piece with ridges in a lightning bolt pattern ?

1726012919332.png

And this is a tail piece with ridges in a lightning bolt pattern ?

View attachment 976
And there you go, you did not specify you expected mind reading and when you didn't get that you accused people of derailing your thread.

Now if you would have simply said wraparound bridge then there wouldn't be any confusion.

No one derailed your thread except you.

And there you go, you did not specify you expected mind reading and when you didn't get that you accused people of derailing your thread.

Now if you would have simply said wraparound bridge then there wouldn't be any confusion.

... not my thread.

He's not the O.P and you are the one that posted a wrap around tailpiece that is a bridge ...... so how about you stop feeding quarters into your high horse and just move to the next thread that irritates you .

He's not the O.P and you are the one tha

t posted a wrap around tailpiece that is a bridge ...... so how about you stop feeding quarters into your high horse and just move to the next thread that irritates you .
Well my bad for confusing him with the OP.

First post : "wraparound tailpiece"

Not bridge "wraparound tailpiece"

I posted a picture of a wraparound tailpiece.

If the OP wanted to talk about a bridge then he should have said "wraparound bridge".

Is it really that hard to comprehend?

Well my bad for confusing him with the OP.

First post : "wraparound tailpiece"

Not bridge "wraparound tailpiece"

I posted a picture of a wraparound tailpiece.

If the OP wanted to talk about a bridge then he should have said "wraparound bridge".

Is it really that hard to comprehend?
You apparently bypassed where the O.P specified a "bridge " not a "top wrapped Tailpiece " .

The word wraparound applies to ... a wraparound bridge.
The words top wrapped applies to ... a tail piece with its strings wrapped on top.
Not semantics ... guitar lingo.

So he's right on that, but maybe inexperienced in the way forum threads most always eventually show an amount of derailing :)

almost did it again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back