Where do you guys buy your shoes?

3bolt79

Reaction score
I mean they are all made in China anyway. I found a really good pair of high tops that I can slip on without lacing and they are comfortable. And they were 12 dollars shipped on TEMU. They are unbranded. I stopped buying NIKE. I will buy NB sometimes if they are on sale, but these TEMU shoes were so great and comfy that I’m going to order some more. If I buy ten pair I can get them for 8 bucks a pair shipped. That’s like one pair of NIKE.

I'm honestly surprised you got something decent on Temu. I heard all the stuff on there was s**t. I go buy shoes that are on sale because I really don't care too much what I wear. I don't care what is in "fashion" or whatever the current fad/trend is. Usually skate shoes though, or something similar. I'll buy shoes from wherever has the best deal.

Last edited:
I used to get mine mostly at Kohls, I could find good sale prices on Asics, but anymore, they don't have anything in store that's in my size, nothing on sale, and nothing affordable. I started going to Shoe Carnival, and have been pretty satisfied with their prices and selection. I sometimes have to get them online, either straight from Asics or amazon, or I go to the "outlet" mall near me, and hit the puma, converse or adidas stores.
I've bought some generic shoes from amazon and aliexpress in the past, they always seem great, at first, then around a month or so in, the insoles and mid soles seem to start deteriorating, or the outsoles begin to separate. After a few of those, I decided to stick to the name brands I like, they cost more upfront, but seem to last much longer. I've have two pair of Asics for the last two years, and they are still going strong.

Last edited:
I use Boot Barn and Kuru (online) for leather shoes/boots. I have used Asics running shoes for years (once I had the size and model, bought off Amazon), but plan to move to the Hoka brand (we have a local store). Bicycle shoes I order potluck off the internet…currently have RC brand.

Last edited:
Online, usually Amazon. Been a size 9 1/2 since high school; never had to send back a pair yet. I do my research and get name brand shoes that are good for my feet and that will last for five years or so.

A bootmaker on St. James in London made my last pair of formals; John Lobb. Danner made my boots...right here in Portland.

Bought my first pair from them in 82. By 14 they were looking pretty ragged so I brought them to the factory to be rebuilt...they do that. The bootmaker that was giving me an estimate excused himself for a bit, then returned with a lovely young woman who made me an offer I'd have been a fool to refuse...
She wanted to "buy" them from me.

A week later I returned to pick up a custom fitted pair of extraordinary boots that cost me my old ones, which now appear in print ads from time to time.

My everyday wear are a pair of slippers I call my "pimp-sliders" in the house (never wear shoes in the house*) and some Asics when out and about.

*Portland is now ground zero for an assortment of bacterial infections that stem from contact with human poop. Being that our sidewalks are the only bathroom facilities for ~6,000 souls living on our streets, it is a given:

Everywhere one walks, one is walking through human shit. Stores, restaurants... everywhere.

ETA:
The question was "where"...
A bootmaker's shop, a manufacturer's retail shop that happens to be local, and Portland Running Company....despite no longer a runner, the shoes are outstanding and this shop puts a lot of effort into evaluating my stride (I overpronate and find shoes built for controlling that a worthwhile expense).

Last edited:
Size 15, metric 50 here. New Balance are well made in that size. Over the past ~20 years or so 15 has gotten somewhat easier to find. Oddly enough I have found a few 15s on a deep discount closeout sales. I'd reckon vendors ordered them and found no buyers until I happened along.

From 9 through 15 my shoe size roughly matched me age. Quite glad it stopped at 15.

Thursday Boot Company for me.
Nice! They have made in the US in 15.

Sorry, but I can't help feeling that this forum is becoming more and more of a nonrelated forum such as MLP and a few others as days go by. Why don't you just stick to what you created it for, going by the title?

Sorry, but I can't help feeling that this forum is becoming more and more of a nonrelated forum such as MLP and a few others as days go by. Why don't you just stick to what you created it for, going by the title?
Try The Gear Page, it might be more to your liking.

I used to get mine mostly at Kohls, I could find good sale prices on Asics, but anymore, they don't have anything in store that's in my size, nothing on sale, and nothing affordable. I started going to Shoe Carnival, and have been pretty satisfied with their prices and selection. I sometimes have to get them online, either straight from Asics or amazon, or I go to the "outlet" mall near me, and hit the puma, converse or adidas stores.
I've bought some generic shoes from amazon and aliexpress in the past, they always seem great, at first, then around a month or so in, the insoles and mid soles seem to start deteriorating, or the outsoles begin to separate. After a few of those, I decided to stick to the name brands I like, they cost more upfront, but seem to last much longer. I've have two pair of Asics for the last two years, and they are still going strong.
Two months in on these and they are still holding up fine. I was honestly shocked. I have them in my history so I can buy the same ones. I’ve got decent hand tools from them, except for their wire cutters. Cut a couple of low E’s with them and the blades dent. Their fretting hammers are good as well as some of their gunsmithing tools.

Hey, here’s a thought, don’t read posts that show up from the off topic section. If you see a post and it has those little words “Off Topic”. Don’t click on it.

Back