What's Your Favorite Telecaster (That You Own or Have Owned)?

Alex

Administrator
Reaction score
My favorite Telecaster, and the only one I've ever owned, is this 1968 Fender Telecaster in Candy Apple Red (CAR). It was lightweight, sounded great, especially through a '66 Fender DR, and it was pretty to look at. Now, the pictures...

1968-telecaster-02.jpg

1968-telecaster-01.jpg

Tell us about your favorite Telecaster that you own or have owned, and why.

Nothing vintage for me, but this Roadworn body paired with an older USA neck is my favorite right now. I put a single coil in the neck like Gilmour has in his Tele. Also I put a Duncan Billy Gibbons pickup in the bridge, both are noiseless.

IMG_6321.jpegIMG_6323.jpeg

I've only had a few Tele's over my guitar playing lifetime. My last one was a LP blue Squier Affinity. I don't know why I bought it, but I gave it to my wife's sone a couple of years ago as a starter guitar.

I had replaced the electronics with an EMG T kit. The only thing I really use a Tele for is for bar jams. I will get another some day, hopefully soon, but it will be a result of playing one in person.

I've had a couple of American ones over the years, but never kept them. I guess I just haven't found the right one yet.

1986 was the ASAT first year, it has the MFD pups.
I can recall seeing one in a store I dealt with right around that time and thought then that I'd like to own one. But they were around $600 and most of my gear budget went into my bass rig so I had to pass. Many years later after G&L began their Tribute line I bought one. Traded it then bought a second one. I love Leo's take on MFD type pickups. I have them on two basses and Z-Coils on a Comanche.
asat1.jpg

that would be this one:

FGN NeoClassic TL Custom,
one of six, made for the japanese Kurosawa store

CUnvHUb.jpg

9XQpgXo.jpg

sJjnClF.jpg

My last self-assembled partsocaster was my workhorse for a dozen plus years of end-of-career gigging in local clubs.
Fender CS ‘51 Nocaster pickups really covered a lot of ground. I loved it, but left it behind for shorter scale length guitars as the arthritis encroaches my claws.
IMG_0429.jpeg
IMG_0704.jpeg

Back