What is the point to a top shelf Epiphone?

For 2000$ the Joe Bonamassa SG should be perfect out of the box.

And I’ll never be convinced that the 8000$ ‘61 Gibson SG is 6000$ better.

I’ll take the Epi.

Oh, and I’ve not had GAS for long while till I saw Joe’s Epi. This thread isn’t helping my GAS.

Tribute and Endorsed models are always gonna be more costly. Check out Gibson's prices on the same level guitars. There are as many top shelf sub $1k models out there as anyone would care to try. They just don't satisfy some people' needs for "bragging rights" that they own the XXXX model with their guitar heroes name on it or a tribute model that isn't identical to the original anyway.

To me those are nothing more than vanity models for those who can be persuaded to overspend so the guitar hero gets his or her cut. If they do have special features other models don't have like the "Greeny" then be prepared to spend more or buy a less costly model and modify it. There is so much gear out there at so many price points no one should ever complain about having to overspend for quality.

Not everybody believes that anything made in the US is better than anything made anywhere else.

That's why people would by a $1699 USD Firebird V built in China over a $1500 US built guitar. The 2 guitars don't compare. You'd pay $3000+ USD for a US-built guitar that's equivalent to that $1699 Firebird V from China. For the same operations to build the same exact guitar in America, you aren't going to pay $1500.

Thats why people don't want a bottom-of-the-barrel US guitar for $1500. It's only half the guitar that the $1699 guitar from China is in pretty much every case.

And I bet Epiphones customer base doesn't only consist of Americans in the US. We aren't the only people on the planet 🤷

Not everybody believes that anything made in the US is better than anything made anywhere else.

That's why people would by a $1699 USD Firebird V built in China over a $1500 US built guitar. The 2 guitars don't compare. You'd pay $3000+ USD for a US-built guitar that's equivalent to that $1699 Firebird V from China. For the same operations to build the same exact guitar in America, you aren't going to pay $1500.

Thats why people don't want a bottom-of-the-barrel US guitar for $1500. It's only half the guitar that the $1699 guitar from China is in pretty much every case.

And I bet Epiphones customer base doesn't only consist of Americans in the US. We aren't the only people on the planet 🤷
I really like the new Epiphones. I had a Greeny and it was pretty damn good. There are sweet spots in both epiphone’s and Gibson’s lines.

I am going to get a Gibson SG Soecial with P90’s and an Epiphone LP custom in white. The P90 Gibson is pretty good and is about the same price as the Epi LP Custom.

The Eli Lo has the set of Gibson pickups that I want. I wouldn’t spend almost 5K on the Gibson LP Custom.

For 2000$ the Joe Bonamassa SG should be perfect out of the box.

And I’ll never be convinced that the 8000$ ‘61 Gibson SG is 6000$ better.

I’ll take the Epi.

Oh, and I’ve not had GAS for long while till I saw Joe’s Epi. This thread isn’t helping my GAS.
As long as it's not from Gibson, it probably will be perfect out of the box lol. That's quite sad. I can pick up almost any Epiphone and know it's a well made guitar with no issues. But you can't say the same about a Gibson according to "everyone". You need to go through 5 or 6 or 10 to find just a single good guitar. That's embarrassing if true.

Hell, take my Indio guitars from Monoprice. Of the 5 I bought, all, 5 were essentially perfect out of the box. Including perfect setups on all 5. I paid $300 each for these. Some less. And never once did I ever think they'd send me a crappy guitar. I expected perfection. And that's what I got every single time. Pretty sad when a company selling $279 guitars can do that but one selling. $1500+ guitars can't.

[...]

Dead right, speaking from Germany, which is also a part of this planet, but don't try discussing this with the orange man.

Not sure what the picture posted by be good above as a response to my message is meant to say, but it is definitely not something we would eat around here, but then maybe be good may have grown up with it one way or the other.

Not sure what the picture posted by be good above as a response to my message is meant to say, but it is definitely not something we would eat around here, but then maybe be good may have grown up with it one way or the other.
... the orange man.
1728236869914.png
Can't talk about the Orange Man, it'll be political 🤪

Just had another thought… (thinking, dangerous- I know…)

The point of an high end Epi?

2000$ less than a high end Gibby!

And just as good.

Back