Well, the power is out.

3bolt79

Reaction score
The neighborhood is dark. And, as my wife uses a ventilator, and I use a CPAP, I can’t go to sleep. So, I’m hanging out here with you all on my cellphone as the WiFi doesn’t work right now.

We heard a big “Boom” about a half hour ago, and there were sirens. Now the neighborhood is dark and quiet.

I can’t even nuke a snack. I may have to make a 7-11 run for some nachos. Looks like I’m going to be up awhile.

Well, I come to find out that there was a police chase and the motorcycle hit a car going 100 mph and the accident took out a piece of equipment. They got the power back about 4 am.

Well, I come to find out that there was a police chase and the motorcycle hit a car going 100 mph and the accident took out a piece of equipment. They got the power back about 4 am.
It took out the motorcyclist too.

The boom was probably the transformer blowing when a motorcyclist traveling 100 mph un-assed the bike and snapped the power pole.

Yeah, the motorcyclist was pretty fubar. He was the one eluding. He went down main street, which is a 35 mph zone, riding a wheelie at over 199mph, and did it right in front of a cop. Darwin award recipient I imagine

Last edited:
When I lived back in Englewood it was in an older area built up in the 30s-40s and post war period so all of the electric lines were above ground. Right outside the window in the den where I sat and worked was a power pole with a transformer attached that provided power for a several block area.

At least once or twice every summer that transformer would take a hit during a thunderstorm and I'd get a light show and fireworks as good as any 4th of July but from about 200 feet away. It would take all of our power out of course and we'd have to wait out the utility guys getting out there to repair it.

Just part of the fun when you live in a zone of yesteryear.

Our power was out for 22.5 hours fm Tue eve this week following a big blow. The humid night into early AM reminded me of my childhood (no AC) and later camping trips…🙊🙈🙉. The timing of the restoration of power was right on the edge of our freezers’ ability to maintain temp…the stuff in the fridge went in the garbage can.

Back