Way Huge Klon Klone....

VictorB

Reaction score
Someone told me that the MXR Fat Sugar was a Klon Klone. I use it in front of my MXR Distortion+. What evs. It does what I need it to do and it was like a hundred bucks.

So they sold out at $189 and now those who bought them are asking $500 plus for them on Reverb? I guess they've got that part of Kloning down.

Someone school me on the Klon. Why is it so expensive?
Mostly because when they were first produced quite a few top artists had them on their boards. My understanding is that with a single person producing them the wait time became quite extended adding even more to the price of those who sold the ones they had bought online for a tidy profit. Then there's the mystique of the "goop covered" components meant somehow to hide it's secrets.
1725211896949.jpeg
All told the Klon Centaur became some kind of "Holy Grail" transparent overdrive that could not be duplicated until it was over and over again by virtually every well known pedal builder on the planet and some not so well known. You can buy Klon type OD pedals for under $100. The guy who created the Klon disclaims any responsibility for how ridiculously pricey they have become. Here's s source to read more about Klon and there are dozens of articles about the myriad of Klon Klones being produced as well. Enjoy.

Back