To all the Guest viewers

zZtyx0e.gif

Well, if you think about it, some of the things keeping me away from joining the forum up to this point until entering it just now because of the Plek service thread which I just replied to have been:

The avatar with the toddler holding a guitar in is hands, making no sense at all.

The avatar of the guy from Germany, making him look as if he was some kind of Mother Teresa impersonation.

The avatar of the guy using a picture which might have been taken from my grandmother just before the US troopers arrived here in Germany in March 1945. But back then, she certainly wasn't holding some kind of single cut or double cut in her hands.

(Not mentioning the fear of hitting upon some of the typical redneck talk in guitar and specifically Les Paul -related forums such as the My Les Paul forum I am currently viewing as a guest).

Well, if you think about it, some of the things keeping me away from joining the forum up to this point until entering it just now because of the Plek service thread which I just replied to have been:

The avatar with the toddler holding a guitar in is hands, making no sense at all.

The avatar of the guy from Germany, making him look as if he was some kind of Mother Teresa impersonation.

The avatar of the guy using a picture which might have been taken from my grandmother just before the US troopers arrived here in Germany in March 1945. But back then, she certainly wasn't holding some kind of single cut or double cut in her hands.

(Not mentioning the fear of hitting upon some of the typical redneck talk in guitar and specifically Les Paul -related forums such as the My Les Paul forum I am currently viewing as a guest).
Hey dude, thatā€™s my granddaughter in my Avatar. May not make sense to you, but I love her and itā€™s one of the cutest pics I have of her. I donā€™t know why anyone would have a problem with it. Sheā€™s 10 now, well next week actually.

We donā€™t tolerate political BS here. If I see anyone posting political stuff about countries, political statements regarding sexuality, they will get a suspension or maybe a permanent ban.

We donā€™t care about that kind of stuff here, and we wonā€™t discuss it. We care about guitars and gear, and thatā€™s pretty much it.

I understand your feelings about some of the other forums. You can blame that on the moderators at the other sites.

Hey dude, thatā€™s my granddaughter in my Avatar. May not make sense to you, but I love her and itā€™s one of the cutest pics I have of her. I donā€™t know why anyone would have a problem with it. Sheā€™s 10 now, well next week actually.

We donā€™t tolerate political BS here. If I see anyone posting political stuff about countries, political statements regarding sexuality, they will get a suspension or maybe a permanent ban.

We donā€™t care about that kind of stuff here, and we wonā€™t discuss it. We care about guitars and gear, and thatā€™s pretty much it.

I understand your feelings about some of the other forums. You can blame that on the moderators at the other sites.

Congrats to your granddaughter. I apologise, hurting your feelings wasn't intended, but the mistake I made was forgetting a rule which I had set for myself, not to comment on avatars showing kids, dogs, or cats, as your are always running the risk of getting it wrong too easily.

"We care about guitars and gear, and thatā€™s pretty much it."

I do appreciate visiting or even participating in a forum where things are kept this way. I intentionally started in on the Plek service thread as I have had some real world, first-hand experience with it myself which I thought sharing might be helpful to others. I'm not into social media, never had a Facebook or Twitter account, and don't have the time or energy for it, as I have a full-time job and a life.

"If I see anyone posting political stuff about countries, political statements regarding sexuality, they will get a suspension or maybe a permanent ban."

You should make sure to keep it this way. However, if this is one of your main guidelines, I wonder why you tolerate pictures of a, admittedly not really attractive woman posted and fun made of her in this very thread up above? ā€“ This, for instance, is one of the things which make me hesitate to join and contribute in such forums.

Off to work now, I have a job which needs my attention.

Congrats to your granddaughter. I apologise, hurting your feelings wasn't intended, but the mistake I made was forgetting a rule which I had set for myself, not to comment on avatars showing kids, dogs, or cats, as your are always running the risk of getting it wrong too easily.

I do appreciate visiting or even participating in a forum where things are kept this way. I intentionally started in on the Plek service thread as I have had some real world, first-hand experience with it myself which I thought sharing might be helpful to others. I'm not into social media, never had a Facebook or Twitter account, and don't have the time or energy for it, as I have a full-time job and a life.

"If I see anyone posting political stuff about countries, political statements regarding sexuality, they will get a suspension or maybe a permanent ban."

You should make sure to keep it this way. However, if this is one of your main guidelines, I wonder why you tolerate pictures of a, admittedly not really attractive woman posted and fun made of her in this very thread up above? ā€“ This, for instance, is one of the things which make me hesitate to join and contribute in such forums.

Well, there was nothing overtly sexual about that post. Mama June is just a gross person, for reasons I canā€™t discuss on this forum. I will check with the site admin though and make sure that post doesnā€™t violate any site rules. If it does, that post will disappear.I am a new Mod and I am here to help draw members who may otherwise be unaware about the site. Iā€™ve met a few on Reddit groups r/guitar and r/classical guitar.

I am here to address beginner issues and write articles for the site. I am waiting on a gentleman overseas to buy a guitar and then I will write a step by step for him to set it up and string it.

The pic of my granddaughter is when she was just under 3 and that was her first ā€˜Tatā€ as she called it. She couldnā€™t pronounce guitar or ukelele. She has an Ibanez Micro now and a teeny little Marshall transistor amp.

Please, if you can, take a moment to make a post in the ā€œIntroductionsā€ section and give us a little bio about yourself, your playing history, and by all means post a pic of your favorite guitar. We would like to get to know you better.

Puhleese.....never compare here or the members here to those on the My Les Paul forum. Most there are a different breed entirely.

FWIW most forums operate under similar rules as far as political or religious content goes and most honor diversity of opinion, nationality, heritage, and lifestyle. Those who do not are easily avoided. However we're not so parochial as to avoid having any forums or threads based on humor or other topics not directly related to gear. We encourage those as well.

We're human beings and for the most part internet forum friends who tolerate what others are all about and their lifestyles as well as our own. Forums or threads that relate to other topics are always welcome within reason and are easily avoided by those how find them less interesting than straight ahead gear talk. Variety is what attracts most members not discourages them.

Picknose.gif

That's how you make friends on a forum......

I guess we will miss you

With all due respect...

A5PvDLf.gif

View attachment 657

That's how you make friends on a forum......

I guess we will miss you
Dry gear / music talk gets boring. Humor is what keeps us happy. Or something.

Back