The best practice stool

GrandmaShreds

Reaction score
The best stool for practising/playing guitar is a drum stool! I have one that I use specifically for this purpose and it's awesome! I always found bar stools to be awkward and chairs uncomfortable, and with the drum stool, you can adjust the height whenever you want, and they are durable!
Screenshot 2024-08-25 12.24.25 PM.png

I have a cheap desk (or bar, I don't remember) chair, also height adjustable ... and on wheels. I took the back and arm rests and padded it with sheep skin. Purrrfect.

Chaise pour guitare.jpg

It used to be my easel chair in the painting studio.
Eloize enjoying it 20 years ago.

Éloize sur ma chaise.jpg

I have a cheap desk (or bar, I don't remember) chair, also height adjustable ... and on wheels. I took the back and arm rests and padded it with sheep skin. Purrrfect.

View attachment 683

It used to be my easel chair in the painting studio.
Eloize enjoying it 20 years ago.

View attachment 684

Lovely Eloise, I have had a few of the tortoise shell breed, too, all of them being rescued.

Well below I'll attach a picture of another rescue candidate enjoying my practice amp in the kitchen in August 2021. His name is Fritzi, although we had named him or her Lizzie at first, as we had adopted him or her as a female cat and naming him "in memory of Elizabeth Reed". Later on it turned out that the female cat instalment was a fake and he is actually a tomcat, and then, in a moment of sudden rage and anger I shouted "Fritzi" at him, which is a little derogatory over here, and maybe not just over here.

Anyhow, Fritzi still goes strong and rolling about the aisles in our flat and particularly in the backyard garden and beyond.

20210814_160517_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely Eloise, I have had a few of the tortoise shell breed, too ...
She was rescued from under a pile of wood near the summer cottage in Îles de la Madeleine. There's a circus named Eloize that is from there, thus, her small clownesque face got her named so.

Cat # 12 or something, she has been like my shadow for 18 years, that is more than ¼ of my life. She passed last year, that was hard.
Eloize.jpg

I just went down the road to the ReStore Thrift shop and bought a couple of armless chairs for $10. They're kinda ugly but they comfortable and cheap.

Back