Pretty good tone for the cheapest tube amp around.

That's the Monoprice Stage Right 15w combo. I've had the 2nd gen model for over 3 years and they're incredible amps. Never had a single problem from mine. They're actually made pretty well. Tubes sockets aren't connected to a PCB board. Neither are the pots and jacks, IIRC. So those things are fairly serviceable, I believe.

It's a Laney Cub 12r with a spring reverb. The one in the vid is a first generation amp. That's why it actually looks like the Laney. They changed that to its current form for the 2nd gen amps. That amp sells for like $600+ with the Laney name on it so it's not that cheap. The only real difference is the Laney has a digital reverb where the Stage Right has a spring reverb.

The only only difference visually is the Laney is black vs white and the Laney has a slanted TV front where the Monoprice isn't slanted.

Laney Cub 12R

Screenshot_20240806-081902_Chrome.jpg

Monoprice Stage Right 15w 1st gen model. Notice how they look almost exactly the same? They came from the same factory at one time. Probably still do. The screws for the chassis are in the exact same place. The controls are the same. Even the circuit boards are the same. Markings and all.

Screenshot_20240806-082312_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
The MP15/1 is a great little tube amp. I’ve had two that I passed on to family. I’d get another were I not knee deep in other amps.

I was thinking about picking up another one when/if mine ever went out but I moved on to bigger and better things lol.

I can't wait to get my new Hot Rod Deluxe back in 6 weeks so I can stretch it's legs and see what it can do.

I was thinking about picking up another one when/if mine ever went out but I moved on to bigger and better things lol.

I can't wait to get my new Hot Rod Deluxe back in 6 weeks so I can stretch it's legs and see what it can do.
Me too…that is, I have so many other amps that I cannot make a case for another unless it is something collector worthy…even then, something would have to go.

I have the 5 watt version with the one watt switch. It's terrific. Takes pedals well, great for recording.

That's the Monoprice Stage Right 15w combo. I've had the 2nd gen model for over 3 years and they're incredible amps. Never had a single problem from mine. They're actually made pretty well. Tubes sockets aren't connected to a PCB board. Neither are the pots and jacks, IIRC. So those things are fairly serviceable, I believe.

It's a Laney Cub 12r with a spring reverb. The one in the vid is a first generation amp. That's why it actually looks like the Laney. They changed that to its current form for the 2nd gen amps. That amp sells for like $600+ with the Laney name on it so it's not that cheap. The only real difference is the Laney has a digital reverb where the Stage Right has a spring reverb.

The only only difference visually is the Laney is black vs white and the Laney has a slanted TV front where the Monoprice isn't slanted.

Laney Cub 12R

View attachment 440

Monoprice Stage Right 15w 1st gen model. Notice how they look almost exactly the same? They came from the same factory at one time. Probably still do. The screws for the chassis are in the exact same place. The controls are the same. Even the circuit boards are the same. Markings and all.

View attachment 441
Mine
Après2.jpg

Laney at top, Monoprice below
CUB12R back.jpg

Monoprice top, Laney below
CUB12R controls.jpg

Back