Photos and pics, files too large.

GrooVey

Reaction score
What can we do to keep our pictures small enough to post? I’m using an iPhone. I’ve looked through camera settings but don’t see anything to help. Any ideas?

When you select a photo, go to Options and select Medium, then Add.

What can we do to keep our pictures small enough to post? I’m using an iPhone. I’ve looked through camera settings but don’t see anything to help. Any ideas?
How big are the pictures you want to post on avarage? I'll look into upping the filesize for attachments.

Thanks.

How big are the pictures you want to post on avarage? I'll look into upping the filesize for attachments.

Thanks.
iPhone 14 pics of gear.

I wouldn’t worry about it much. Now that I know how to keep the file size small, it’s not an issue. And, smaller files take up less space on the server? Not sure if that’s an issue here.

iPhone 14 pics of gear.

I wouldn’t worry about it much. Now that I know how to keep the file size small, it’s not an issue. And, smaller files take up less space on the server? Not sure if that’s an issue here.
I couldn't post a 1.2 meg file but got away with 300kb...1 meg provides good clarity, 300kb is merely passable.

The threshold here seems to be about 1 MB.

I guess resizing / saving with more compression for a smaller file is tricky on on an iPhone. Why is that?

Easy peasy on a PC.

Just one more step. I never considered choosing the ‘options’ tab (bottom left) when selecting a pic.
You are one ahead of me then.

When I take images with my iPhone I transfer to a PC for editing using a USB cable.

No need for the cloud. Windows makes it easy with a USB cable, the same cable you charge with.

The phone shows up in Windows Explorer. You can copy from the phone to any location on a PC.

PC to phone is not possible thanks to iOS "knowing better than you". I use iMazing for iPhone file / backup management. It's the Bee's Knees. ~$30 iirc.

1726024388465.png

Last edited:
iPhone 14 pics of gear.

Yes, we wouldn't wan tto host big files and run out of space, so the max file size is set to 1 MB, which I think is plenty IMHO. Thank you.

Back