Oldiemurphy here

Oldiemurphy

Reaction score
Hey all. Do you every have those moments when you mean to do something and then you file it away in your head and forget about it for a while? That's me, and finally remembering just now to join the geartalk forum. I look forward to perusing the threads and I'm sure I already know some/many of you.

Rol, my man!
THBBFT...!

That be Hi! in Billspeak
(You know Bill... Berkeley's cat... Berkeley as in Breathed...the fellow who got shown the door at the Austin American Statesman, butt first, shortly after being hired, for drawing a cartoon entitled Honkey Trek something something Flight)

Last edited:
I could have sworn you were here already but to be fair I’m not sure where I am these days.

Welcome! 😊
Lololol, we may be spreading ourselves thin. One of the other places just tried roping me into another riffy dual -- and I mentioned that YOU were the one who beat me in the last one. I think? It's hard to keep track of this stuff. I'm just trying to work enough to pay the bills and hopefully have enough time left over to play a little geetar!

Lololol, we may be spreading ourselves thin. One of the other places just tried roping me into another riffy dual -- and I mentioned that YOU were the one who beat me in the last one. I think? It's hard to keep track of this stuff. I'm just trying to work enough to pay the bills and hopefully have enough time left over to play a little geetar!

I don’t mind participating in the challenges but the point system doesn’t sit well with me; even in jest. The dual thing is is just too much so I don’t blame you for dropping out. Good peeps there though but I’m with you. I have just about enough time to learn a new song every couple of weeks and noodle over a backing track here and there.

I don’t mind participating in the challenges but the point system doesn’t sit well with me; even in jest. The dual thing is is just too much so I don’t blame you for dropping out. Good peeps there though but I’m with you. I have just about enough time to learn a new song every couple of weeks and noodle over a backing track here and there.
Yeah, that was ridiculous. I hadn't been over there lately and the guy starts popping off with trash talk and GIFs. Get a life, troll.

Back