My philosophy for guitars

One really nice guitar, or multiple for the same price?

• Yes, more is better

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No, I like less guitars (weird lol)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I would rather spend my money on gardening

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
I'm thinking....11th...near where Ferrell's is/was. I took my kids for ice cream after I bought the guitar because they had been extremely passive about waiting for me. So, they got ice cream.
Well, near Farrell's would be 13th. You bought that guitar a LONG time ago. MRM is now on the corner of 11Th and Washington.

Well, near Farrell's would be 13th. You bought that guitar a LONG time ago. MRM is now on the corner of 11Th and Washington.
Then it must have been 13th. It was surrounded by rental houses and apartments. In fact, it was in more of a house than a business building. And, absolutely, it was a very long time ago.

Then it must have been 13th. It was surrounded by rental houses and apartments. In fact, it was in more of a house than a business building. And, absolutely, it was a very long time ago.
Yes, it was a house. That house is now a tattoo studio.

I have had 164 guitars and 57 amps in my 63 years on this plane, with too many pedals to count. I currenty have six electrics (all different), two acoustics, and two tube amps, all of which get gigged in two bands. I take two guitars to every gig, because, well, strings. I don’t necessarily believe in owning musical equipment just to own it. If I like the guitars and amps and play them, I keep them. If I don’t, they go, I don’t really care how much they cost or their “value". They’re tools ...

… like me ...

I now lean towards quality than quantity. I used to have a bunch of cheaper guitars but slowly refined some things. Amps on the other hand…

Back