For The Bassist In You

soulman

Reaction score
Rare bird Tribute Kiloton in discontinued Irish Ale finish with nicely grained ash body in like new mint condition. I also have the tort pickguard. For GearTalk members $550 + actual shiiping for bass incl. Fender FB620 gig bag. No shipping for local sales and no sales tax.
Kilo3.jpg
Kilo2.jpg

Hey @soulman that is a cool looking bass. If I can talk GC I. To buying my Gretsch 5232T I might be able to buy that.

Hey @soulman that is a cool looking bass. If I can talk GC I. To buying my Gretsch 5232T I might be able to buy that.
Once a year or so I look over what I have and decide what more or different I'd like to have. The Kiloton is probably the most unique sounding bass I own and they also offer a fretless version of it. I don't own a fretless any longer so I thought the proper approach was to sell this one first. G&L no longer offers them with an ash body in that Irish Ale finish so in that regard it's somewhat unique.

The other thing that's unique about the design is the use of the SB body type Leo designed to reduce the size and weight of his old PBass body style. It's well under 9lbs and balances very nicely. Then there's the placement of that single MFD pickup in the "sweet spot" that gives it a mid forward tonality that will cut through any mix with ease. It's a real "tone hammer" especially when run in series mode.

100% passive with three pickup settings; series, parallel, single coil, 1.5" nut width satin finished neck, saddle lock bridge.

Sorry Scott, the Kiloton sold today. You might want to delete this thread, thanks!

Back