Bubbles in the finish. Any suggestions?

GrooVey

Reaction score
Just when I thought this was done, these few bubbles popped up within a minute of completing the spray. A rattle can lacquer.

Any suggestions on preventing this
tomorrow?

IMG_1496.jpeg

I was going to suggest another coat at the appropriate interval to melt the top of the coat underneath and blend it all together...which, with lacquer lacquer anyway, has always worked for me (though in ky case it was removing the carcass of a bug that managed to get passed my defense and stick itself into a fresh layer of topcoat).

carcass of a bug
Well, I’ve been there with other projects.

I’ll knock it back with a light sanding and go a little more careful tomorrow. It’s gonna be a pretty one. I only covered the rear of the headstock to fully cover the holes from the previous tuners. They left it ugly.

IMG_1499.jpegA

I was going to suggest another coat at the appropriate interval to melt the top of the coat underneath and blend it all together...which, with lacquer lacquer anyway, has always worked for me (though in ky case it was removing the carcass of a bug that managed to get passed my defense and stick itself into a fresh layer of topcoat).

I sanded & scraped countless mosquitos out of clear coat when I did automotive refinishing lol. It sucked every time.

Back