Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I can't live without it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GrandmaShreds

Reaction score
It's so disheartening to see people out and about glued to their smartphones. People out walking their dog(s) zonked out, glued to their phones. Young mothers out walking their newborns in the stroller all while glued to their smartphones. It is a serious epidemic in my opinion. I have adopted a no smartphone lifestyle and it is such a relief. I have what they call a "dumb phone" which is just a bare bones flip phone and while I'm not bragging by any means, I feel like I have an upper hand on most of the general public. If I'm waiting in a waiting room somewhere, 9 times out of 10 I will be the only one not glued to my phone. I'm in my early 30's, so this would be quite a rare feat. amongst my generation. It allows me to be in the moment way more than being stuck on my phone doomscrolling through nonsense.

Thoughts? Are you a smartphone enthusiast?

Lately, I seen at least one person a day…eyes down on their cellphone as they cross the yellow line with me oncoming. I’m now honking at anyone I see with a phone out in their car (illegal here).

Huge debate on when a kid should be allowed to use one. On teen said that it would like her mom not to use her cell when she's talking to her. There lies a big part of the problem/solution.

I carry mine around as a tool. Phone, GPS and camera mostly.

It's so disheartening to see people out and about glued to their smartphones. People out walking their dog(s) zonked out, glued to their phones. Young mothers out walking their newborns in the stroller all while glued to their smartphones. It is a serious epidemic in my opinion. I have adopted a no smartphone lifestyle and it is such a relief. I have what they call a "dumb phone" which is just a bare bones flip phone and while I'm not bragging by any means, I feel like I have an upper hand on most of the general public. If I'm waiting in a waiting room somewhere, 9 times out of 10 I will be the only one not glued to my phone. I'm in my early 30's, so this would be quite a rare feat. amongst my generation. It allows me to be in the moment way more than being stuck on my phone doomscrolling through nonsense.

Thoughts? Are you a smartphone enthusiast?
Not an enthusiast, but I have my insurance information, my medical appointments, my alarm, and a blood glucose monitor on mine. Wish I didn’t have to. And I’m sick of old people that don’t want to call me, but send text after text to my phone. People don’t know how to converse with one another anymore.

I have one but I only use it to make calls or send a text. The funny thing is I wouldn't even have it at all if my 12 year old Nokia hadn't needed a battery that cost more than the phone did when I bought it.

My mobile carrier keeps trying to get me to buy a 5G. That's so dumb. I mean like on what guitar or bass is G ever 5th? It's the 4th string not the 5th. Everybody know that. I think they're trying to trick me.

I have an Android Tracfone that I pay $15 a month for. I text, make calls, check my email, and read news. That's about it. No social media, no music, no videos. When I'm at home I actually don't check it sometimes for a couple of days at a pop, being that I hate people and all. 😉

I do the forum thing on my desktop computer.

Huge debate on when a kid should be allowed to use one. On teen said that it would like her mom not to use her cell when she's talking to her. There lies a big part of the problem/solution.

I carry mine around as a tool. Phone, GPS and camera mostly.
It is a tool and tools should be used accordingly. Some folks go to bed with their phones. If you were a carpenter, would you bring your hammer to bed? (incoming dirty jokes :LOL:)

My iPhone 10R is five years old, still in great physical shape with 94% of battery charging capacity left. Why? I'm not attached to it, giving it light use mainly for secondary web browsing. Stays in my pocket while driving and is set to silently ignore calls and texts while in motion.

Did not load it down with tons of stupid apps. Zero social media. I close every app once I am done using it. Not much of a phone yapper or texter. I use it for playing .flac music files via an aftermarket wired ear bud in VLC media player while cooking and whatnot.

It is a handy modern convenience, nothing more.

1726267131303.png

I have an Android Tracfone that I pay $15 a month for. I text, make calls, check my email, and read news. That's about it. No social media, no music, no videos. When I'm at home I actually don't check it sometimes for a couple of days at a pop, being that I hate people and all. 😉

I do the forum thing on my desktop computer.
I'm with you. There's a correct tool for every job. That's how I was raised. Today the young'uns want a Swiss Army Knife phone they can even watch videos on. No wonder Apple can get over a grand for new ones.

No use for one .I use a tablet for my guitar forums and tabs ,the occasional Email,and paying the cable bill.I’ve been using the same flip phone for about the last five years.

Back