Rory Gallagher’s Strat Up For Auction

Maybe they could capture the essence of Van Morrison too and put it in a showcase. :unsure:

That’s a great idea. It’s better than some plastic surgeon or NFL team owner keeping it locked away from the public. I really hope that Ireland does buy it. Just imagine, people like us could travel to Ireland to see it.

I thought the Colts guys regularly let people see his guitars and even play them?

He let Kenny Wayne play somebody's Strat not long ago and people went INSANE. Why? Because Kenny played it like any other Strat and was banging away on it, strumming wildly like he always does. It's how his Strats got worn the way they are. And people flipped their metaphorical lids because he apparently didn't treat it like a newborn baby lol. It may have been David Gilmour's Black Strat. I'm not sure.

Matter of fact, the Fender Custom Shop built him a guitar on the 2000s that was their first experimental "thin skin" finish. It was a copy of his 63, Martha. He was only a few weeks into touring with it and it was already looking like the 63, with the paint and some wood worn away above the pickguard. But that's why they did the thin skin finish; so it would wear faster and get to that worn-in state sooner. It definitely did.

I thought the Colts guys regularly let people see his guitars and even play them?

He let Kenny Wayne play somebody's Strat not long ago and people went INSANE. Why? Because Kenny played it like any other Strat and was banging away on it, strumming wildly like he always does. It's how his Strats got worn the way they are. And people flipped their metaphorical lids because he apparently didn't treat it like a newborn baby lol. It may have been David Gilmour's Black Strat. I'm not sure.

Matter of fact, the Fender Custom Shop built him a guitar on the 2000s that was their first experimental "thin skin" finish. It was a copy of his 63, Martha. He was only a few weeks into touring with it and it was already looking like the 63, with the paint and some wood worn away above the pickguard. But that's why they did the thin skin finish; so it would wear faster and get to that worn-in state sooner. It definitely did.
I had a potential trader come and test my LP and I was sure he was going to destroy it. I then knew how the SG he was proposing got treated. Didn't make the trade.

Back