Once Upon a Chinabacker

GrandmaShreds

Reaction score
I once went on Aliexpress and bought a fake Rickenbacker bass. Long story short, it was a huge piece of s**t! The pickups sounded like crap, and I couldn't lower the action anywhere near playable because the neck angle was so bad. It was a set neck so you couldn't add any shims to it. This was around 10 years ago now, and I would never, ever buy anything from Aliexpress in regards to guitars/basses ever again. If you ever have the itch or desire to "see what it would be like" to order from there, it's all junk!

20141113_190323.jpg

I once went on Aliexpress and bought a fake Rickenbacker bass. Long story short, it was a huge piece of s**t! The pickups sounded like crap, and I couldn't lower the action anywhere near playable because the neck angle was so bad. It was a set neck so you couldn't add any shims to it. This was around 10 years ago now, and I would never, ever buy anything from Aliexpress in regards to guitars/basses ever again. If you ever have the itch or desire to "see what it would be like" to order from there, it's all junk!

View attachment 706
Yeah, if I ever bought something from there or similar market places, it would need to be cheap enough for me to be willing to do a lotta work on it. Looks cool though. How much was it?

Yeah, if I ever bought something from there or similar market places, it would need to be cheap enough for me to be willing to do a lotta work on it. Looks cool though. How much was it?
If I remember it was over $400, plus shipping. Yeah it looked cool but that was about it. I ended up selling it and got some of my money back. It was a lesson learned!

I recently bought a knockoff of a Guyker Les Trem which is already a knockoff of a Deusenberg Les Trem and the quality just isn’t there.I haven’t tried it out yet but it looks and feels like cheapo kaka.It advertised as a Guyker for half the price of Amazon but it is not.Don’t be fooled by Aliexpress ,cheapo crap.

I recently bought a knockoff of a Guyker Les Trem which is already a knockoff of a Deusenberg Les Trem and the quality just isn’t there.I haven’t tried it out yet but it looks and feels like cheapo kaka.It advertised as a Guyker for half the price of Amazon but it is not.Don’t be fooled by Aliexpress ,cheapo crap.
That Gyker Trem is $50 less than an actual Les Trem II. I was considering the Gyker one for my SG but I figured if I go for it, I'm getting the real deal.

I'd never take a $400 gamble. Buying obvious fakes is what perpetuates the market for them. Just say no.
What's the quote, young, dumb and full of bubble gum? I wasn't as aware of things then as I am now, it was more or less I had a credit card and wanted to see what it would be like once I got it.

What's the quote, young, dumb and full of bubble gum? I wasn't as aware of things then as I am now, it was more or less I had a credit card and wanted to see what it would be like once I got it.
May I ask how old you are?

There was no internet when I was young and stupid. Even with that, I've been of the buy USA whenever possible since the late 70s. Did not get my own CC until my mid 30s.

Back