Now This Take Some Brass Balls

soulman

Reaction score
Instead of just including one or more in each 3 pack D'Addario is charging $8.00 for seven "limited edition" stickers that essentially advertise for them that you use their strings. Good old fashion east cost chutzpah. Hey D'Addario I got your $8 bucks right here.

1724887516790.jpeg

D'Addario would have to pay me to advertise for them. I don't use their strings. I can't use regular guitar strings because my sweat is toxic and corrodes strings way too quickly so it's Elixir or nothing. I tried the D'Addario XS coated and they suck! Therefore I'm not a D'Addario fan.

Hmmm.

I wear my D'addario t-shirt that I got for free all the time. But the average person wouldn't know that since it only has the multi-piece 'D' on the front. So you'd have to know the logo to know it was D'addario.

Screenshot_20240906-203314_Chrome.jpg

What sucks is D'addario freaking deleted my account after I ordered it. Apparently I had already signed up once when I started playing guitar 4.5 yrs ago, so when I signed up a 2nd time with the same mailing address, they assumed I was trying to get over on the system somehow and removed my account.

Boy I was pissed. I had like 3000 points or something. It was A LOT . I had just recently put in all the codes for all the string packs and other products that I had saved up. All down the drain. I'm still pissed about that one, tbh.

They said if I tried to sign up again, they'd take legal action. Wtf. That's OK. I just had my bro-in-law sign up and I use his account lol. He & my sister live maybe half a mile away so I just have stuff sent to their house lol.

Last edited:
I register my string purchases then use the points to......wait for it......buy more strings.

I'm ok with their product but I'm not paying to become their shill.

D'Addario would have to pay me to advertise for them. I don't use their strings. I can't use regular guitar strings because my sweat is toxic and corrodes strings way too quickly so it's Elixir or nothing. I tried the D'Addario XS coated and they suck! Therefore I'm not a D'Addario fan.
You might want to try Ernie Ball Paradigm. They are coated, but you can hardly feel it. They are reinforced as well.

They guarantee them against breakage for 90 days, and I’ve got up to 11 months out of a set before I could feel divots in the back side of the strings and had to replace them. Usually I get about 6 months out of them.

You might want to try Ernie Ball Paradigm. They are coated, but you can hardly feel it. They are reinforced as well.

They guarantee them against breakage for 90 days, and I’ve got up to 11 months out of a set before I could feel divots in the back side of the strings and had to replace them. Usually I get about 6 months out of them.
I'll try them, but in my experience Ernie Ball strings are even worse than D'Addario

Oh yea? I might have to try those. I had wanted to try some reinforced strings since my high E's always break at the ball end. One did yesterday. Then I ruined the one I got out to replace it when I kinked it on accident.

I keep single 9s and 10s for just that reason. I learned that early on, after breaking high E's and replacing the entire set and it was only a week old. I started buying the 5-packs of single 9s and 10s after that.

I'm on a mission right now to figure out what's causing the 2500hz ringing noise in 1 of my guitars. About to replace the standard 10s with light top, heavy bottoms(10-52) and see if that helps. It happens most when I hit an open A string so I'm hoping that changing string size might help.

Hmmm. 1000 pts for a pack.

I'd possibly put the colored circles that represent the ball ends on my truck window but that'd be it.

Again, 95% of people wouldn't know what they were and would likely assume it's related to LGBTFABCDEFGHIJK because of the rainbow colors.

You'd have to know what it was to know it was for D'addario. IMO, that's less "free advertising" when almost no one knows what it's for.

Back