Marshall Has A New CEO

VictorB

Reaction score
Important takeaways for anyone that doesn't want to read the entire article:

- The Goal: The new CEO, Jeremy de Maillard, wants to reconnect with guitar players and show that Marshall still cares about making great amps.

- Investments: Marshall is investing a lot of money into improving their UK factory to keep making high-quality amps.

- New Products: Marshall is planning to add more digital and practice amps while still making their classic models.

- Community Focus: They are listening to guitarists to help decide on future products.

I had one of their "CODE" amps. It was mostly atrocious. But it's saving grace was the JTM 45 patch.

I bought the head new from Sweetwater at the blowout price of $150.00 in 2019. It had problems with the foot switch and scrolling through settings. I returned it. The next two replacements had the same problem.

I think it would be cool if Marshall could make a modeler that sounds like a Marshall and actually works and is easy to use, and didn't cost a fortune.

I think it's a good move to make their tube offerings in England. While I'm not in the market for a new amp right now, I would gladly spend the money on a UK made Marshall with good transformers, made like the amps in the 70's and 80's.

Hey, welcome @Wound_Up . Good to see you here. I will be hanging here mostly and at Gretsch Talk and Epi Talk. I've been going through my guitars and eliminating multiple redundancies. I sold three this week and ordered a new one. GAS can be treated but never cured.

I enjoy my Marshalls (JCM602 and Origin50).

Glad to see the new CEO’s interest…but the market will drive the success/failure of new offerings. A little risky bc there are many “digital and practice amps” out there that enjoy solid reputations.

Back