Good objective Epi 1959 LP review

I had one of the IBG LP 1969 versions. It was really good. Better than the Gibson LP Tribute I had. I got am Epi Greeny LP that I still have and it was miles better. Still want a Gibson LP though. I’m j\ust not sure of which one I want. I’m in no hurry. Th\e market is flooded with them.

I would like to try a 50's LP just to see if I would actually enjoy the neck profile. My Classic has a 60's slim taper, and I always prefer a thin neck, but I wouldn't mind seeing what the difference would be between the two.

I would like to try a 50's LP just to see if I would actually enjoy the neck profile. My Classic has a 60's slim taper, and I always prefer a thin neck, but I wouldn't mind seeing what the difference would be between the two.
There's a huge difference with the 50's, less so with the '59. For some it takes more than 15 minutes at the store to get comfortable with thick necks. If you can rent for a week, that would be a better experience. You might not want thinner after that, like me.

There's a huge difference with the 50's, less so with the '59. For some it takes more than 15 minutes at the store to get comfortable with thick necks. If you can rent for a week, that would be a better experience. You might not want thinner after that, like me.
Good idea, I might rent one in the future!

Back