Compressor Recommendations Please.

Eddd

Reaction score
Good evening everybody.I am considering buying a compressor and would like to hear some of your recommendations.There are some things that I would prefer #1 is simplicity and #2 is cost.I have seen a whole crap load on Amazon and wonder if they all are pretty much the same and the price range is about $45 Canadian and lower.I appreciate any and all suggestions.

I didn't use one though those with whom I performed, that used pedals, nearly all used the MXR Dyna-comp...little red stomp box thing. I'm assuming you're not interested in rack systems.

Mind you these were the old, originals from yesteryear. What I've read suggests the newer ones are "not quite the same," whatever that means...but in the end this is something the individual's ears are for.

Last edited:
Pretty happy with my GF-10 Joyo.

View attachment 1223
I had a GF-10 a few years ago. It worked well, but I didn’t appreciate what it was doing at the time…so, in the way of all misunderstood gear, I let it go😩.

Now I have a Pigtronix Philosopher’s Gold and a Bolt & Forge Sawbones…both are pricier and more complicated.

The Joyo is a good place to start (and finish if you are smarter than me).

Last edited:
Back